Sunday 9 August 2009

BEST GOLF TIP EVER

The best tip I ever got was from an old boy I played a medal competition with at Aberfoyle Golf Club. A lovely woodlands course near Glasgow(although you do need to be a bit of a mountain goat). Anyway we were at the 10th hole and I had been hitting it all over the place. I had been bemoaning the fact since about the fourth hole and without realising it I was boring the pants off my playing partners.

After yet another duff tee shot I started moaning again, "I just dont understand it, I'm lining up right, I've checked my grip, my stance. I'm taking the club back slowly within the line. Keeping my eye on the ball etc.etc. you get the picture. Anyway the old boy whom I had only just met on the first tee that day, turned to me and said,"just effing hit it".Do you know what? Thats what I did and it flew straight down the fairway 250 yards!

So now I practice all my technique at the range and leave it there. When I play on the course I just effing hit it. If it goes straight and far great. If not, I just shrug my shoulders and go to the next shot and just effing hit it!!

Try it.

No comments: